What Can Social Media Do For Your Small Business

What Can Social Media Do For Your Small BusinessWhat Can Social Media Do For Your Small Business

Where I live is almost like the stone ages. Small Companies in my town are not quite with the times when it comes to Social Media. They don’t understand the power of a Tweet or a Facebook update. So how can we tempt them with the power of Social Media?

What Can it Do for Me?

I get the majority of my blog traffic from Twitter and Facebook. Why is that? Because I am constantly sharing my articles and my fellow bloggers articles there. Twitter is the #1 source for where people are reading the News; Facebook trailing in second.

One single tweet canmultiple to thousandswithin a week of posting it RT's help promote your business

One single tweet can multiply by thousands within a week of posting it! #UseTwitterforYourBizClick To Tweet

Think about this scenario:

You tweet a status update about an upcoming deal at your business

“This Thursday, all 2015 Dodge Chargers will be marked 25% off!”

(Yes, I wish this was true however we are hypothetically speaking)

This one tweet is seen by another tweep (person who tweets).

They RT (retweet) the status update to their Twitter followers.

That one (1) tweet could multiply but 10 – 50 more times over the next day; 50-100 in two (2) days; and so on!

Do you see how that single message could be share to approximately 15,000 tweeps in a single week?

It’s Not That Difficult

If you don’t understand the concept of Twitter, don’t fret. I am currently making a very user-friendly tutorial to explain it. However, if you are willing to jump on board the Twitter wagon, just say so! I can not only help you learn Twitter, but I can actually do it for you!ย Contact Us

What About Facebook?

One simple public status update can

One public post on #Facebook about your #business could drive traffic and revenue to your biz!Click To Tweet

Facebook is the 2nd place a lot of people will get news from. If you Follow the correct channels, you can learn what’s happening all over the world! However, what some Companies aren’t doing is promoting their businesses on Facebook.

Ya Might LikeThis To --->  Learn Which Social Media Networks Work Best for Your Business

Yes, they may have set up a Facebook Brand Page for their business but without promoting sharing it, they are missing out! Sharing it Publicly to their Facebook profile gives more visibility and changes of being reshared!

It’s essential that you UPDATE, PROMOTE, and SHARE!

What? You don’t understand how? Well, guess what! I can help you with that too!

I can create your Facebook Brand Page, give you a pretty cover photo, and schedule promotion status updates throughout the day! You won’t even have to lift a finger other than possibly reply to a comment.

So What Can Social Media Do For Your Business?

Whether it’s a small business or a huge Corporation, utilizing Free Social Media platforms can not only bring visitors to your business, it can bring in more revenue!

Now, who wouldn’t want more smiling faces at their business, spreading awareness via word of mouth, and bring you more revenue? I think any business owner, including myself, would be silly not to jump on the Social Media bandwagon.

This Is What I Can Do For You

Contact Us and let’s discuss some easy solutions to building your business community and putting more revenue into your pocket. The Consultation is Free!

Ya Might LikeThis To --->  3 Awesome Tools to Autofeed Content to Social Media

What are you waiting for? Let’s do this!

Are You Using Social Media To Your Advantage?

If so,ย I want to hear from you!

15 Comments on What Can Social Media Do For Your Small Business

1. kita
    September 24, 2015 at 3:25 pm (2 years ago)

Yes it can do a lot and it’s sad when small businesses don’t utilize this to it’s full potential. I pitched a small business the other day to do their social media account and they said no they don’t need it they will post up whenever they feel like it. I cringed inside because it helps your business if you are active on social media. I had another business who said why post on social media when they are located in a small town….om hello people visit small towns and if you live near a big town and you are the bomb people will come.

• Brenda
      September 24, 2015 at 3:29 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Kita,

I can believe it! That small town is like my very own. When I get my business cards done, I’m going to be personally stopping by a few, including Town Hall (I know the Mayor) and discussing what it can do for them. Could you imagine if we didn’t utilize social media for our websites? Where would the traffic come from? How boring would blogging be then?

I hope you were able to sway the “small towners” into at least considering a trial period. Some are just so old school, they will never know what they are missing.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply here, my friend. The weekend is almost here!

Bren

2. Theodore Nwangene
    September 25, 2015 at 4:54 pm (2 years ago)

I agree with you Brenda.
    Social media can really do a lot for a business if used properly. But i wonder why most businesses are usually not very serious with it.

Facebook and Twitter are really good sources of traffic and can bring you lots of leads.

The only thing is to not make it your only source of traffic.

• Brenda
      September 26, 2015 at 9:10 am (2 years ago)

Hi Theodore and thank you. I can only assume either they don’t know how to make it work for them, don’t have a qualified person to do it for them or show them how, or they prefer to rely on word-of-mouth or advertisements.

Facebook and Twitter are the best methods I know of.

It’s my intention to bring more awareness to small businesses and help show them the way.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us. Theodore. Have a great weekend!

Brenda

3. Nabeel Shamshad
    September 26, 2015 at 1:07 pm (2 years ago)

Hello Brenda,

Its my first time visiting your blog and I really like the info here. What I believe is that even though these two (FB & Twitter) are the biggest social media in terms of traffic but sometimes and in some cases other smaller networks can perform better.

For example, pinterest can drive some serious attention to things related to women like DIY, Fashion, Clothing etc. Reddit if used properly can drive some overwhelming traffic to your links. You just need to know how to make that magic happen.

I have done it once but doing it again and again is an art I need to master yet.

Keep up the good work,
    Nabeel

• Brenda
      September 26, 2015 at 2:56 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Nabeel and Welcome!

I have heard Pinterest is good for certain “niches” like you stated Fashion, DIY, and some others. I have never used Reddit. Is that one you feel can benefit small businesses? How do you feel about Instagram? Worth it or not?

I know it can depend on niche or type of business so I’m trying to narrow down my bests and push forward.

I appreciated you taking time to reply to my post. Thank you.

Brenda

September 27, 2015 at 12:52 pm (2 years ago)

The power of using social media is a must for any business. My favorite platform is Facebook because on my business page I can boost a post or an offer. I can also use it to advertise to a specific group of people in a particular niche. (that’s the paid version)

Using paid advertising on Facebook is pretty cheap when you add up the ROI.

-Donna

• Brenda
      September 27, 2015 at 2:42 pm (2 years ago)

Happy Sunday, Donna!

I’m glad to hear you mention the greatness of Facebook for businesses. I did boost a post once and was amazed at the traffic it sent to my page. I might try to get into the habit of doing it monthly, that is, if I can get pass Facebook’s ad approval. It can be quite deadly for me.

Thanks for taking time out of your Sunday to comment. Have a great week ahead!

Brenda

5. Adrienne
    September 28, 2015 at 6:18 pm (2 years ago)

Hey Brenda,

Well you knew I would agree with you as well about the power of social media. It takes time to build up a following that actually cares about what you tweet so I know a few people who have outsourced that because they don’t have the time themselves to spend doing that which is why a service like yours is great.

I would hope that anyone who doesn’t have the time to really put into building up a following will contact Brenda and at least have a chat with her. Your business can literally explode with the right connections but you’ll never get there if you continue to use the excuse that you just don’t have time.

Go get em girl!

~Adrienne

• Brenda
      September 28, 2015 at 6:28 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Adrienne,

I knew a lot of my blogging/business friends can appreciate the importance of social media marketing. It still amazes me at the amount of businesses that aren’t doing it. I’d like to know how to reach them in order to help show them they way. I can publish many blog articles about it but if the business isn’t online, they will never see it. That’s where my flyers and business cards will come into play, at least locally. That is one of my future missions.

Thank you for the recommendation, Adrienne. I hope you’re Monday is starting off well.

Brenda

6. Devon @ ThereDGoes
    October 23, 2015 at 4:21 pm (2 years ago)

Hey! I totally agree with this post that social media can do so much for your [small] business. My day job is working in social media so I see it in practice every day! It does take some time to see results but I think one of the best things is the fact that it makes people like and trust your brand/company, and we all know that if you like/trust a brand you are more likely to use their services than a competitors!

7. Mark
    November 2, 2015 at 5:31 pm (2 years ago)

Excellent post Brenda!

And yes, sadly I confess, I too am definitely a part of the social media
    illiterate!LOL!

Oh sure, I have a twitter, FB & Linkedin account, but ask me if I have even the slightest
    clue how to strategically use them, in the manner you’re suggesting!

Well, I humbly reserve the right to exercise my “fifth amendment” rights!LOL!

And I can’t wait to invest in your social media marketing tutorial!

maybe, just depending on how it goes, you should seriously consider creating four to
    eight week course of some kind!

That way, you could do weekly live Q & A webinars!Just a thought!
    Now I’ve got to get back to you other post about learning
    which social media platform works best for your business and or service!

• Brenda
      November 2, 2015 at 5:50 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you, Mark!

What? You illiterate? Don’t say it’s so! I’m by far not a pro with social media, but I have been learning in baby steps, to which applications work best for me and my businesses.

I love your ideas on a Social Media course. Maybe I can tackle that one after my Blogging 101 Series. ๐Ÿ™‚ There is so much to learn, but we don’t always have enough time, do we? Having a mentor of some sort can definitely help. If you’re looking for a Twitter guru, I highly recommend my good friend, Lisa Sicard over at Inspire To Thrive. She specializes in Twitter! ๐Ÿ™‚

By the way, I just followed you on Twitter! I look forward to connecting with you there as well!

Brenda

8. Rachel
    February 2, 2016 at 3:10 am (2 years ago)

Hey Brenda,

I tell you, I wish I had read something like this before starting on my Twitter and Facebook accounts. I would never have felt as overwhelmed as I did. This is exactly what beginners need.

I wonder if you find it exciting that your small town is running behind the times. So much opportunity to share you skill set.

The pics and the text are eye catching. That’s where I’m at, at the moment. Checking out everyones pics and text. Learning my way.

Maybe you could do an intermediate post about Twitter and Facebook. This was so well written and self explanatory that I would be interested.

Thanks Brenda.

Rachel.

• Brenda
      February 2, 2016 at 1:20 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Rachel,

I’m sorry you felt overwhelmed but please take comfort in knowing that a lot of us felt the same way. Being in a small town where social media isn’t as prevalent as it is in my life is kind of rough. I mean, the businesses just don’t understand what a simple tweet or facebook post could do for them. I would love to show them “how” but as “farmer” like as some are, they still wouldn’t get it and would leave me disappointed.

What more would you like me to tell you regarding Facebook and Twitter? Ways to promote? Analytics? Do tell because I love to teach and write tutorials. ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s great to see you here, my friend. Feel free to reach out to me at any time.

Brenda

Unauthorized Use and/or Duplication of this material without express and written permission from this siteโ€™s owner is strictly prohibited.