Don’t Fret About Resharing Your Old Posts! Automate It!

Don't Fret About Resharing Your Old Posts! Automate It!

There just isn’t enough time in the day to take care of Blogging, Commenting, Social Media, and whatever other priorities you have. I’m a firm believer in trying to utilize what tools I can to help me continue to promote my business and my content. That is why I decided to share one of my favorite WordPress plugins with you today, Revive Old Post by themeisle.

Revive Old Post is a plugin that lies resident in your WordPress Dashboard and makes life so much easier!

Don’t Fret About Sharing Your Old Posts! Automate It!

There are so many ways to schedule posts from your blog to social media, right? Apps like dlvr.it, Buffer, and Hootsuite are the ones that I use. However, I still need to manually go into each app and do something to make my content post.

With Revive Old Postyou configure it to your liking and let it make magic! Let’s look at some of the features!

Features

• Free and Premium available
  • Customize Content
  • Exclude certain Categories
  • Auto includes Hashtags
  • Create a Custom Schedule
  • Easily integrated with URL shorteners (5 to choose from)
  • Customize your Tweets
  • Post Image with Content – Pro Version
  • Post to multiple Accounts – Pro Version
Ya Might LikeThis To --->  How Do You Know When Your Website Goes Down?

Connect your Accounts.

Configure the Settings.

Customize the Post Format.

Start Sharing!

Make Sharing Your Content That Much Easier! #ReviveOldPostClick To Tweet

It’s That Easy!

There’s also a Logfile which you can check periodically to verify your content is being shared. If there are any problems, the Errors will also appear in the log.

Are you ready to make your life a bit easier?

• Go to your WordPress Dashboard
  • Select Plugins
  • Select Add New
  • Enter Revive Old Post
  • Install
  • Configure
  • And Enjoy!

Or Click Here —> Revive Old Post

What Do You Have To Lose?

Absolutely nothing!

Are you hearing about Revive Old Post for the first time or are you already using this wonderful plugin? I’d love to hear from you!

36 Comments on Don’t Fret About Resharing Your Old Posts! Automate It!

1. Corina Ramos
    June 21, 2016 at 9:59 pm (2 years ago)

Hey Bren,

This is an awesome plugin but for some reason it doesn’t work for me. I think it’s clashing with one of the plugins I’m using but I haven’t stopped to figure out which one.

I might give it another try and use the steps you shared here…it’s an easy set up but you never know if I might have missed a step. 🙂

Thanks for showing us how to set it up. You know I’m sharing this one gf.

Hope you’re having a great week!

• Brenda
      June 22, 2016 at 5:51 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Cori,

I really dislike it when there is a conflict of plugin. Have you contacted their Support? They might be able to tell you what it may be. I really to find it to be a valuable plugin. Much better than other sharing applications. I’m also someone who likes the fact it resides within my Dashboard and can be easily managed.

If you need some help trying to figure out the conflict, just give me a holler.

Have a good week ahead!

2. Amanda Nel
    June 22, 2016 at 1:46 am (2 years ago)

First time I hear of this plugin Bren and I am going to download and use it! Thanks for sharing.

• Brenda
      June 22, 2016 at 5:26 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Amanda,

Great to hear that I shared something new to you! I hope you like it. Please let me know your thoughts after using it for awhile!

3. Lisa Sicard
    June 22, 2016 at 6:35 am (2 years ago)

Hi Bren, I used to one like it and then it stopped working. I will have to check this one out. Thanks for sharing about it. I have been doing it manually on and off. I should see how to set it up in the Buffer as well now that I have the Pro version. You are right about never enough time with social media, it can be so time consuming if you don’t use the right tools!

• Brenda
      June 22, 2016 at 5:25 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Lisa,

I think you’ll love this. I only use the Twitter share currently but have been tempted to use the others and go premium. I think you’ll love it. I was having too many issues with Buffer only share a picture and no link. You know certain people on Facebook are soon to ask “Where’s the link?” 🙂

Hope you’re having a great week. We’re half way there!

4. Don Purdum
    June 22, 2016 at 7:37 am (2 years ago)

Hi Brenda,

I saw your article title in your email and had to click through! Fantastic tutorial and I’ve been looking for something like this that I could trust and easily integrate with WP. Your solution is perfect!

Have an awesome second half to your week!

~ Don Purdum

• Brenda
      June 22, 2016 at 5:23 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Don,

Oh, I’m so glad that you clicked over to read it! I really do love this plugin, and as I was telling Nataly, it was one reason I moved my new girly blog from free to self-host. It really isn’t a big time saver knowing you can configure it and just let it do its magic. I’ve been tempted many times to go premium and may in the near future.

I hope you like it if you try it! Please let me know how you make out with it.

Great to see you here.

Brenda

5. Nataly Auger
    June 22, 2016 at 12:20 pm (2 years ago)

Hey Bren,

This plugin is awesome! I’m tempted to give it a try because, just like you said, I never have enough time to do it all. I used to use Buffer and Hootsuite, but I stopped using them a while back because I have to add my posts manually and, frankly, I find it a pain!! This plugin will make sharing my posts much easier.

Thanks for sharing this!! Happy hump day, gf!! 🙂

~Nataly

• Brenda
      June 22, 2016 at 5:20 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Nataly,

I’ve been using this plugin for quite some time. To be honest, missing Revive Old Post is one of the reasons I moved GP’50 to self-host. It saves me so much time! I am using the free version but may eventually move to premium as both my sites grow. I hope if you do try it, that you enjoy it as much as me.

Thanks for sharing with us.

6. Muhammad Tabish
    June 25, 2016 at 7:08 am (2 years ago)

Hey Bren,

Thanks For The Lovely post, This Plugin is AwesomeWorking 🙂 Sharing Old Post Automate it, Keep Sharing and good Work,
    Have aNice Day Ahead,

• Brenda
      June 26, 2016 at 1:38 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Muhammad,

Is this your first hearing of Revive Old Post or have you been using it already? I appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Have an awesome day.

7. Kathryn Maclean
    June 25, 2016 at 10:22 am (2 years ago)

Hi Brenda,

Liked the tutorial on this very useful plugin.
    I had not heard of it before but now I am curious to try it.
    That’s what a good article does right? Makes a convincing case
    for trying what ever it is being sold. Good job!

• Brenda
      June 26, 2016 at 11:59 am (2 years ago)

Hi Kathryn,

First of all, I really appreciate you letting me know there was an issue on my website. Sometimes those security settings can be a little confusing, but thankfully, it’s straight now.

I’m glad you liked the tutorial. I really do find it to be one of my fav tools for automated content. What’s even better, for me, is it lies resident within my WP Dashboard so not other clunky websites to visit.

I could only wish I was an Affiliate for Revive Old Post, but either way, like I did here, I’ll still continue to talk it up and share it with others. I hope you enjoy it if you try it!

Thank you for sharing with us.

8. Tammy @JamsandScones
    June 26, 2016 at 8:44 pm (2 years ago)

I literally just installed this 2 days ago and it’s fantastic! Thanks for a great post.

• Brenda
      June 27, 2016 at 8:50 am (2 years ago)

I’m glad to hear that, Tammy! It really is a great tool to help us out!

Thanks for stopping by!

9. Ravi Chahar
    June 27, 2016 at 11:10 pm (2 years ago)

Hello Brenda,

I agree with your point. Most of the bloggers forget about their old posts. They should share them with their followers.

Social media is the best tool to drive traffic to your blog. The apps you have mentioned are quite good.

People should try Buffer or Hootsuite. It will help them to automate their blog posts to share on social networks like Twitter.

An informative post indeed.:)
    Enjoy the day.
    ~Ravi

• Brenda
      June 29, 2016 at 11:04 am (2 years ago)

Hi Ravi,

Buffer and Hootsuite are pretty good at resharing but it’s still a lot more manual work than using Revive Old Post. I do, however, use both of those in conjunction with dlvr.it and this plugin.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a fabulous day!

Bren

June 28, 2016 at 6:22 pm (2 years ago)

I’m so glad I ran across this. Your tutorial is excellent and thank you for that. I didn’t know about this plugin but seen lots of bloggers reviving old posts of theirs.

I think I just may give it a whirl.

Thanks again!

-Donna

• Brenda
      June 29, 2016 at 11:05 am (2 years ago)

Hi Donna,

Thank you. I really do swear by this plugin and am still contemplating going pro with it. It helps me save so much time on resharing the old.

If you try it, I would love to know what you think! Have a great day!

11. Stella Chiu
    June 28, 2016 at 7:12 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Bren

I always wonder why some of bloggers can share their old posts. Now I know the “secret’.

I do not know this plugin. I believe this is life saver for me because I don’t have enough time. This also benefits for the readers because the old posts have many good information but the readers may not remember any of them (human nature).

Love the detail tutorial and will share

Stella Chiu

• Brenda
      June 29, 2016 at 11:06 am (2 years ago)

Hi Stella,

This is just one of many “secrets” to sharing older content but by far my favorite. It will save you time, a lot of time in fact. I’m glad you liked the tutorial and if you do try it, please let me know your thoughts. Happy Wednesday!

12. Sherman Smith
    July 15, 2016 at 12:03 am (2 years ago)

Hey Bren,

I’ve been using Revive Old Post since it was called Tweet Old Post. I can definitely say that it’s a time saver. If you have a really hectic schedule, then this would be the plugin to install. Especially for the fact that you can also link it too LinkedIn as well with the paid version.

Thanks for sharing Bren! Have a good one!

• Bren
      July 15, 2016 at 8:20 am (2 years ago)

Hi Sherman,

I’m so happy to hear you’re a user and fan of Revive Old Post. I am still using the free version but have been contemplating upgrading. Still testing the difference between using dlvr.it and ROP. After hearing your review, I might have to seriously consider the upgrade. Saving time, as you know, if essential for a lot of us.

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Happy Friday!

13. Edward Thorpe
    July 17, 2016 at 8:17 am (2 years ago)

Hi Brenda,

Nice tutorial about a subject I’ve been thinking about: reusing old blog posts. Although I do own a ThemeIsle theme, wasn’t familiar with their ‘Revive Old Posts’ plugin.

Just checked it out on WP and have a question for you: Have you tested an alternative plugin called ‘Republish Old Posts’? Do like the possibilities you’ve suggested in this post. Thanks,
    Edward

• Bren
      July 17, 2016 at 11:12 am (2 years ago)

Hi Ed and Welcome to my site!

I’m glad you liked the tutorial.

I haven’t tried Republish Old Posts and quite frankly, haven’t heard of it until you mentioned it. I googled it real quick and the first thing I saw was “** WARNING: DON’T USE THIS PLUGIN IF YOUR PERMALINKS INCLUDE DATES **” so this wouldn’t be an option for me. Correct me if I’m wrong, it also appears this post takes the original published article, redates it, and republishes as a new article. Very different concept than what Revive Old Post is. It does have an interesting concept though so thank you for mentioning it.

I’m a huge fan of learning about plugins that can help save time in the bloggyverse. 🙂

If you do decide to try Revive Old Post, I would love to know how you like it.

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

14. Mary Sloane
    July 17, 2016 at 10:34 am (2 years ago)

Wow Thanks Brenda and great to meet you

I had heard about that plugin but I had not installed it.

I have just installed it and thanks for making the process easy.

My blog is new but now at least I know things will get sent out into the Universe on a regular basis even if I don’t always remember to post it there LOL!

To Your Success

Mary

• Bren
      July 17, 2016 at 11:06 am (2 years ago)

Hi Mary and Welcome to my humble abode!

Yes, this is a fantabulous plugin that I highly recommend to all bloggers. I recently added Facebook to the autoshare and am loving it so far. Honestly, I think by the end of the month, I’m going to upgrade and go premium. Having the ability to send to more social outlets and add images is a big plus for me.

I’m glad you decided to try it out and hope you enjoy!

15. Girl
    July 17, 2016 at 1:19 pm (2 years ago)

Hey Bren, thanks for sharing this plugin with us.

To be honest I’ve not heard of it. But I will check it out.

Just to share, I’m also a huge fan of automation. One tool I use is Tweet Jukebox. I guess it works similar to Revive Old Post. You plug in some tweets and decide the limit on how many tweets per day. And it rolls them out like on a jukebox! It’s a set-and-forget system.

They’re revamping to Social Jukebox soon. Other social channels will be added – Facebook and LinkedIn. So far, the account is free with optional paid upgrade. Let me know if you decide to check it out 🙂

• Bren
      July 17, 2016 at 1:53 pm (2 years ago)

Welcome !

I’ve used Tweet Jukebox in the past. Very similar to using Buffer. It does help with automation but you still have to manually add the content. With Revive Old Post, it resides within you blog dashboard. You set the schedule and it pulls from your published articles.

I appreciate you talking about Tweet Jukebox, as I know many of my readers are always seeking alternatives to make their businesses easier.

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Have a great day.

16. Joy Healey
    July 25, 2016 at 7:41 pm (1 year ago)

I too started using this plugin when it was Tweet Old Post – and I bought the paid upgrade. Then for some reason I stopped using it – maybe because of the conflict Cori mentioned?

Anyway, I had a general prune down of plugins recently so I tried Revive Old Post again, and so far all seems well. So perhaps I got rid of the conflicting plugin.

Now all I have to do is find the paid upgrade and get that working. Yes, it’s a really valuable plugin.

However, I did find I needed to go through the list of posts and stop some being shared again (which is easy to do). For instance wishing readers a Happy 2015 isn’t the best idea in 2016 – which reminds me…. not sure if I blocked that one off!

But, yes, great plugin!

Joy – Blogging After Dark

• Bren
      July 27, 2016 at 1:16 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Joy,

Glad to hear you’re a fan of Revive Old Post. I agree with you about weeding through some of the posts that are date sensitive. You just reminded me that I need to do that as well. Are there other resources that you find valuable in resharing content? Like Hootsuite or Bufferapp? I would love to know.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Revive Old Post with us. I know several who are now using it and love it! Have a great day!

17. promil pandey
    September 16, 2016 at 8:21 pm (1 year ago)

never heard of this before…will definitely give it a try….looks cool though

• Bren
      September 17, 2016 at 2:36 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Promil,

I’m glad I could show you something new. I hope you enjoy it.

B

18. Barbara Radisavljevic
    June 9, 2017 at 7:17 pm (7 months ago)

This is the first I’ve heard of this, and I’m going to want to try it. Seems I will need to edit a lot of my early posts, though, since I’ve been writing better ones the longer I post. I’m glad there seems to be a way to keep some old ones from posting. I usually combine the use of Hootsuite and Buffer for scheduling. I would definite need the paid option for the plugin since I like to include as many images as possible in my posts. Thanks for sharing this information with us.

• Bren
      June 14, 2017 at 5:37 pm (7 months ago)

Hi Barb,

I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to reply. My apologies.

It’s been some time now, were you able to try out this plugin? I really love Revive Old Post because you set it and leave it, only to touch it when you want to tweak it. haven’t opted for the premium yet but may in the near future.

Do stop back and let me know how your experience was.