5 Awesome Ways to help you Create like a Pro

5 Awesome Ways to help you Create like a Pro

We’re taught as Freelancers, Bloggers, and Entrepreneurs that Visuals sell. These Visuals can come in the form of a Video, Infographic, or Image. Today I want to take the opportunity to share 5 Awesome Ways you can Create Images like a Pro!

Mind you, I know there are many DIY applications out there, but these are the ones that make my life much easier.

5 Awesome Ways to help you Create like a Pro

Whether you’re on-the-go or sitting at home with your laptop, these FREE applications will have you creating beautiful images in no time!

Let’s start off with a very popular one.

Canva

Canva has become very popular these days. I’m not sure if it’s the easy-to-use templates for making social media images, the abundance of gorgeous fonts, tutorials, or the photo enhancing features. Whatever it may be, it’s a huge hit!

There is a FREE account, as well as, a “Work” Premium plan which is $9.95/month paid Annually or Monthly for $12.95/month. Canva also has FREE stock photos and icons that you can use, and stock photos you can purchase for a small fee.

I’ve been using Canva off and on for quite some time and have created some pretty cool images for Bloggers and Entrepreneurs. Did you know that I offer Image Creations as a Service?

Ya Might LikeThis To --->  3 Awesome Ways to Overcome an Unalluring Blog

With amazing apps like these, how can offer it as a service? Simply because there are many people bloggers and entrepreneurs that are too busy to create an image. Their time is better spent in promoting their business and writing valuable content.

Here is one I recently created for Lisa Sicard of Inspire to Thrive.

5 Ways Facebook Pages Will Make You Look Professional

There was another graphic I created, but I knew Lisa would like the woman in this one. If you know, Lisa, can you see the resemblance?

The one downside to using Canva is there is not an Android mobile application yet. However, I do hear there is one for the iPad. Overall, Canva is well worth trying!

Phonto

Here’s another great Mobile application that I recently fell in love with. Being that I work full-time, I’m always looking for more effective ways of creating images to share via my smartphone. Phonto is a Mobile-Only application that is available on Android via the Google Play Store and Apple via the iTunes App Store.

Phonto is FREE with Ads, but there is also an Ad-Free upgrade you can purchase.

Ya Might LikeThis To --->  One Quick and Easy Way to Optimize Your Images

5 Awesome Ways to help you Create like a Pro

BeFunky

You may have heard of BeFunky before, but maybe because it has one of those names that are easy to remember. BeFunky is available on the Web (Online creating), Apple, and Android. It is a FREE application that is jam-packed with features! There is also a BeFunky Plus plan that is rather inexpensive compared to other premium applications.

One of my favorite features of this app is the Chrome Extension. I’m a HUGE fan of Chrome and love adding useful applications. I decided to create an image and allow you to watch how easy it is. Hint:  Be sure to turn up the volume!

Pixlr

Pixlr has a few different editors you can test out and see which one you like best. One good thing about Pixlr is that it is available on Mobile, both Apple and Android. There is also a Google Chrome application that can ease your image creation as well.

Paint.Net

My last favorite go-to application is one that is downloadable to your computer. Paint.Net is an FREE image creator/editor that is superb! I’ve been using Paint.Net for many years now and would be lost without it!

Ya Might LikeThis To --->  Let's Get Personal, Shall We? All Work and No Play....

First, go to http://www.getpaint.net. Trust me when I say, it’s safe to download. You can choose the CNet option if you’d like. Go ahead and install it. May take a few minutes. Then launch it! Oh Wow! I think you’re going to like this!

Paint.Net is loaded with super features.

• Auto updates
  • Special effects
  • Text
  • Lasso
  • Crop
  • Erase
  • Shapes
  • Textures
  • and so much more!

You really need to try Paint.Net for yourself to appreciate all the features. Like I said previously, I’ve been using it for many years and absolutely love it!

There You Have It!

My 5 Absolutely Must Have #Photo Editing and #Creation Tools! #imagesthatrockClick To Tweet

But it’s not all about ME, is it? I want to hear from YOU!

What are your go-to tools for image creation? Let’s discuss them below!

Note:  I hope you enjoyed today’s article. However, if you still find that you don’t have time to search for Royalty Free Stock Images and create them yourself, please reach out to me for help.

33 Comments on 5 Awesome Ways to help you Create like a Pro

1. Ravi Chahar
    August 14, 2016 at 9:15 pm (1 year ago)

Hey Bren,

It’s always been a challenge for me to create the attractive images. Canva is the best platform for me.

I was aware of Pixlr but thanks to you for letting me know about all other tools. I am gonna try them for sure.

Hope you are having an awesome day.
    ~Ravi

• Bren
      August 15, 2016 at 6:02 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Ravi,

Great to see you here! Canva seems to work for many no matter what level their artistic/creative ability is. I like how your images look on your website. Professional and easy on the eyes. Pixlr is good but if you’re really looking for a bang, try BeFunky. I love all the features it offers. My video certainly didn’t show it justice.

I hope you had a great day and enjoy the rest of your week!

2. Lisa Sicard
    August 15, 2016 at 5:20 am (1 year ago)

Hi Brenda,
    This has become challenging to me lately – I have photoshop but lately it’s not been working well, a little buggy. I loved outsourcing it to you. I do have a question, when I did a contributor post for Ms. Ileane she said the images I submitted were too large – does that mean the total file size or the pixel size? I wasn’t clear on it, because I resized them to what I thought was all the same size (and I think pixel is what I had done….) Thanks – love to learn more on that.
    Of course I love having you do them for me. I have to plan out my future posts better for that too.
    Thanks for the mention Brenda and have a great new week!

• Bren
      August 15, 2016 at 5:57 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Lisa,

I absolutely enjoyed creating for you. Sometimes it can be difficult to figure out what someone may want in an image but that “woman” was so you! I would ask Ms. Ileane what she meant by “too large”. I’m assuming she meant file size. Was it an image you created in Photoshop? I believe there used to be a compression feature to reduce the overall file size. That is one of the good things about these other programs. They have the option to save as .jpg, .png, high resolution or low.

I’d love to create more for you when you’re ready. I love putting on my creative hat and getting down and dirty. 🙂

Hope you’re having a great Monday and it’s not too hot up there. Have a great rest of the week!

3. Sue
    August 15, 2016 at 7:23 am (1 year ago)

Hi Bren thanks for this! I use Canva but haven’t heard of the others so worth looking into.

• Bren
      August 15, 2016 at 5:54 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Sue,

I’m glad I could enlighten you with a few new ones. I hope you like them if you try them out. Hands-down, Canva continues to win!

Happy Monday!

4. Harleena Singh
    August 15, 2016 at 10:05 am (1 year ago)

Happy Monday 🙂

Great ways indeed! My favorite’s become Canva, though I have used Pixlr earlier, but nothing to beat Canva – more so, I love the fact that they keep adding new things to it. Photoshop is of course the oldest one we’ve been using since long, but with so many other online options that are quicker, it’s always good to explore them.

Thanks for sharing. Have a nice week ahead 🙂

• Bren
      August 15, 2016 at 5:53 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Harleena,

Great to see you here and Yes, Happy Monday!

I totally agree with you and Canva. It is a superb app for sure! What do you love most about Photoshop. It’s it the familiarity or does it have features unlike Canva? As I mentioned to Rob, I may have to look into it once again.

Thanks for sharing with us and enjoy the rest of your week!

5. Rob McDonald
    August 15, 2016 at 10:16 am (1 year ago)

Hey Bren,

I hope your having a wonderful Monday so far. I haven’t been to your site in a while, but let me just say that it looks great! You have certainly come a long way from when I first met you.

My main photo editor is Photoshop CC. I just can’t beat the price for all the features that it has. It is a little intimidating though at first until you get to know it. I have found with all of the free editors out there that I have tried, they are great until I need a feature that they don’t have, then I always go back to Photoshop, as it seems to have them all.

I really love Canva, and I do use it a lot as well. If I need to spin up a few photos fast, say for social media, then I love how fast and less complicated it can be.

I have heard a lot about Pixlr, but I have never tried it. They say its a lot like Photoshop, so I might give it a try. I just shy away from learning new software sometimes if there is a steep learning curve.

Bren, there is a lot of good information in your article and I will be sure to share it.

I hope you have a great rest of the week!

–Rob McDonald

• Bren
      August 15, 2016 at 5:51 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Rob,

Long time no see! Yes, I love to change up my website. That’s my creativity kicking into high gear. I think I need to have several “test” websites so I can just create themes and headers and challenge myself with coding.

I haven’t used Photoshop in years. I’ve been tempted to try it again. You may have just given me the incentive I need. Pixlr is alright. There are actually three different editions, with each one having different features. I used it a lot on Android prior to me finding BeFunky and Phonto. I keep it on my phone for those special moments.

It’s great to see you here again. I really do appreciate you taking the time to comment and share. Enjoy the rest of your week!

6. Dana
    August 15, 2016 at 10:34 am (1 year ago)

Hey Bren,

Loved this!

I’ve used Canva and Fotor, but I haven’t looked into any of the other ones. Leave it to you to (again) teach me something new.

I think you’re a fantastic designer. While there are obviously some amazing tools out there to help us create eye-catching images, you have a natural gift.

I’ll have to check these out. I’ve been feeling a little bored with my image designs lately, so this will come in handy.

You know I’m sharing this gf.

Have a great week and I’ll talk at ya soon 🙂

• Bren
      August 15, 2016 at 5:47 pm (1 year ago)

Hey Dana,

Thank you! I haven’t tried Fotor yet. I might have to add that to my “try out” list. You give me too much credit, my friend, but I sincerely enjoy the boost. I think there is always room for improvement in our images. There are times that I despise mine but get too lazy to create something new. Those are the days that my creative juices are about burnt out.

If you try any of the ones I mentioned, please let me know how you make out. Would love your thoughts.

Thanks for stopping by, commenting and sharing. Have a great week!

7. Cori Ramos
    August 15, 2016 at 11:24 am (1 year ago)

Hey Bren,

Thanks for sharing these. I go between Canva and BeFunky and sometimes I use PicMonkey. I’ve heard of Paint.net but never tried them but I think I might have tried Pixlr, can’t remember. 🙂

I’ll have to check them out. Great post gf!

Have a great week gf! Talk soon.

• Bren
      August 15, 2016 at 5:45 pm (1 year ago)

Hey Cori,

I haven’t used PicMonkey in over a year. It used to be my go-to prior to Canva. I’m sure you’re like me and always seeking an easier way to create images and make them look more professional.

Thanks for stopping by and adding to the conversation. Have a great week ahead!

8. Rica
    August 15, 2016 at 1:54 pm (1 year ago)

I am in love with Canva. I also use Pic Monkey on occasion. I never heard of the others. I’ll have to give them a shot. Everything you create is lovely, Bren. You really have an eye for design. Good post and thanks for sharing your tips. 🙂

• Bren
      August 15, 2016 at 5:42 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Rica,

Canva is really a superb application. Have you tried the Work edition yet? I think they offer a free trial of some sort. I’m very tempted. 🙂 If you try and of the ones I mentioned, I would love to know your thoughts. Thanks for the compliment, my friend. I try. 😉

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. Have a great evening!

9. Nataly Auger
    August 15, 2016 at 3:42 pm (1 year ago)

Hey Bren,

What a great list you put together here! I’m already a fan of Canva, Pixlr and BeFunky, but I never tried Phonto and Paint.net. I just downloaded Phonto on my cell, but Paint.net isn’t available on Mac. I downloaded GIMP and Pixelmator instead. I’ll see which one I like best. I also use PicMonkey once in a while, but I prefer Canva.

We can always count on you to share useful blogging tools with us! Thanks for sharing it!

Have a great week ahead, gf!

~Nataly

• Bren
      August 15, 2016 at 5:40 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Nataly,

Thank you so much! I thought you have used some of the ones I mentioned. I didn’t even think to see if these were compatible with a Mac. Sorry. Sometimes I live in the world of Windows and Android. I would love to hear what you think of Phonto. I’m still in my 2nd week of using it and haven’t started using it more than Pixlr on mobile. Canva seems to steal the show. I’m tempted to try the Work version of it. There are many more features available.

I hope you have a great week ahead. Back to the grind you go!

10. Terri Steffes
    August 15, 2016 at 3:54 pm (1 year ago)

Cool list. I am in love with Word Swag. It makes fantastic images!

• Bren
      August 15, 2016 at 5:37 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Terri,

I haven’t tried Word Swag. Is that a Free or Premium application? Have you tried any of the ones I listed above?

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, read, and comment. Have a great week ahead!

11. Maria
    August 18, 2016 at 9:24 am (1 year ago)

Canva is absolutely my favorite! Made the Photoshop user of me into a lazy-bones! Haha!

• Bren
      August 22, 2016 at 5:42 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Maria,

Isn’t Canva the best? The only thing I wish is that it had more fonts available. Maybe the premium version does? That would make me purchase it. 🙂 Thank you for stopping by and sharing. Have a great week!

12. Lisa Thomson
    August 18, 2016 at 8:21 pm (1 year ago)

Wow, these are great suggestions. I’ve only heard of one or two of them, so thanks for the recommendations. I use picmonkey to edit my own photos. But I will try some of these others. Thanks, Bren!

• Bren
      August 22, 2016 at 5:42 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Lisa,

I know many use PicMonkey. I haven’t used that in over a year because I’ve found Canva and a few of these to be easier to use. I have to make sure I have mobile apps so that I can continue being creative on the go. Yes, I’m a gluten for punishment.

Have a great week, Lisa!

13. Amar kumar
    August 19, 2016 at 6:40 am (1 year ago)

Hey Bren,

Glad to read your wonderful post,

Today, Canva is really become popular among people. Great tool with superb features like fonts, tutorials and photo enhancing features.

Phonto i have used it is seriously great mobile application pertaining to images. These apps and tools are really very beneficial for users and they have potential to increase productivity.

Thanks for sharing your worthy post,

With best regards

Amar kumar

• Bren
      August 22, 2016 at 5:41 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Amar and welcome to my site!

You are right about Canva. It really has some awesome features. However, I was reading in a group on Facebook that once we create images in Canva, then Canva owns them? I need to look into that further because the way I see it is, I create it, it’s mine. Right?

I’m glad you enjoyed the article and hope to see you back here again. Have a great week!

Bren

August 21, 2016 at 1:26 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Bren…

I made it! I’ve been tardy due to flying off my steps and landing on the car lately. But I only wish I had a video of that!

Girl….I love this post! Your tutorial of BeFunky is amazing. You have such a great voice…I can just imagine you doing tutorials all the time. I found this to be the most interesting of all. I have been using Canva and also Pagemodo, but this can get so creative I’m in!

Thank you so much for this post.

-Donna

• Bren
      August 22, 2016 at 5:39 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Donna!

Oh girl, you know it was no rush! I’m glad that you didn’t get hurt worse than just your leg! Someone was looking out for you!

I’m glad you like my post. You are so kind about my video and voice. I was skeptical about doing it but thought I would give it a shot. Some people do learn more with visuals. I’m surprised you’re the only one who mentioned my video, so thank you.

BeFunky is probably my all time favorite, along with Paint.Net. I’m all about free stuff. Gives me more money to spend on graphics, planners, and stickers. 🙂

Keep on healing, my friend. Have a great week ahead!

15. Kimsea Sok
    August 21, 2016 at 10:34 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks for sharing…

Well. You know? What I learn from using image is the post which contain relevant image is 80% more view than the post without images. What’s more, the content marketing research told that 80% of marketers plan to create more content and 50% of the whole is improving more visual content creation.

Honestly, I only knew and tried Canva, but not alway. Mostly I use Adobe Photoshop to edit the image and create some for my blog. You know? Sometimes I suck with no idea or less templates for my image.

Thanks for sharing, I have bookmarked somes of your provided tools. The article is so useful for me.

• Bren
      August 22, 2016 at 5:33 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Kimsea. It’s great to see you here!

Images sell, my friend. If you can’t make them, find someone who can (like me). 🙂 There are many tools out there that people like. I find it helpful to share some of my favorites in hopes, someone, like yourself, finds a new tool or two and it helps them. I know many use Photoshop but for free programs, the ones above are just awesome.

I hope you try them out and like them. Thanks for sharing with us.

16. Michelle
    August 29, 2016 at 10:20 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks, Bren, that was very helpful. I’m still pretty new to all of this and trying to learn how to make nice graphics for my blog. I’ll be pinning for future reference!

• Bren
      August 31, 2016 at 5:59 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Michelle,

I’m glad you liked it. BeFunky is probably my fav, with Pixlr and Paint in a close second. Being able to make creative and eye-catching blog images is a must. I hope you’ve given one or two of these a try.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

17. Loretta
    April 27, 2017 at 12:59 am (8 months ago)

Even with several full graphics programs at my fingertips (Fireworks and Photoshop) I find myself using Canva 90%+ of the time. It’s easy, it looks good, and I can use it from both my laptop and desktop computers with zero hassle.