It’s Essential To Have A Backup Buddy

It's Essential to have a Backup Buddy Sometimes LIFE gets in the way.

No matter how dedicated we are to our businesses, there are times that we need to step back and take a timeout. There’s no harm in doing so as long as you have your projects covered.

There may also be times when you are simply overloading with work and can’t take on a new project, yet, you don’t want to let the potential client down.

This is where having a buddy comes in handy

We’re told as bloggers and entrepreneurs to network with like-minded individuals, build relationships, and engage in communities. Believe it or not, this can work in finding a backup buddy for those “special occasions”.

It’s Essential To Have A Backup Buddy

Case and point

I’ve been working with a client who is huge in the pet blogging community. I have followed her blog for over 5 years now. She reached out to me for some assistance. Well, what we both thought would be a small project, ended up being larger than both of us.

No biggy. I got her back!

However, during this same period, another blogger reached out to me about web design. I began talking through the process with her and knew it was getting too much for me to handle. This is where the backup buddy comes in handy.

Ya Might LikeThis To --->  Let's Get Personal, Shall We? All Work and No Play....

I built a beautiful friendship with a blogging friend of mine, Cori Ramos. She is a very talented blogger, web designer, and entrepreneur. I contacted her to ask if she could help out my new client because I just didn’t see it feasible for me to give her the attention that I think my clients need.

Thankfully, Cori was able to take on the project is currently creating a new vision for one lucky lady.

LIFE is getting in the way again

As I finish up one project with a client, another one is creeping in. However, LIFE is getting in the way and I need to take some time away from creating beautiful web designs.

What is your backup plan? What happens when LIFE gets in the way? #freelance #webdesign #vaClick To Tweet

You see, I am a mom to two (2) pit bull mixes. My boy is 8 and my girl is 9. We recently adopted my girl last summer. She really hasn’t had a good life. Most of it was spent as a “breeder”. You know, her sole purpose was to produce puppies. She also has many allergies (skin and atmospheric) and a resistant bacteria in her ears that keeps us constantly monitoring.

Ya Might LikeThis To --->  3 Reasons Why I Love Helping Others

When I say she has her share of issues, let’s add in a bit of “bitchism” that can change at the drop of a dime. But what is not to love? She is friendly, loving, and cuddles in bed with me. Unlike my boy, who prefers his mommy when HE wants her, not the other way around.

A few weeks ago I found a lump. Kind of like when I found a few lumps in my own breast. Yes, it’s a major blow and will scare the crap out of you. I scheduled an appointment for her to visit the vet and the outcome has been – – SURGERY. Mind you, I’m a huge non-fan of surgeries but there is a good chance, due to her history, that it could be cancerous.

As with any human surgery, she will need a “drain” for 5-days, relaxation, no playtime, leash walks, and sutures removed in 10-15 days after surgery.

Yes, I’m in panic mode

My brain is consumed with the “what if’s” and “why’s”. I’m at work and I cannot function properly. If I can’t function properly at work, how can I create someone’s vision?

It's Essential to have a Backup Buddy

I can’t.

This is why I am taking a few weeks break from web design. As some of you know, it takes a lot of time, patience, and concentration to create magic. I’ll still be floating around in the social media land posting updates of my girl, the chaos, the woes, and trying to spread inspirational images on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. However, my heart is breaking.

Ya Might LikeThis To --->  An Ambitious Girl Boss will Always Shine
It's Essential To Have A Backup Buddy #bloggingtipsClick To Tweet

My backup buddy

I’m happy to have a close-knit community of friends that are there where I need them, both virtually and real-time. If you’re lucky enough to have some of these ladies in your life, please count your blessings. They all offer such wonderful services and wisdom.

If you’re seeking a backup buddy, you can also count me in! However, when LIFE gets in my way, why not reach out to some of my girlies!

Cori Ramos, Not Now Mom’s Busy

Dana Gore, I Am My Imagination

Lisa Sicard, Inspire to Thrive

Donna Merrill, Donna Merrill Tribe

Over to you

Do you have a backup buddy or posse to call upon in your time of need? I would love to hear from you! Let’s talk below and if you’re in need, please let us know!

22 Comments on It’s Essential To Have A Backup Buddy

1. Cori Ramos
    August 29, 2016 at 2:46 pm (1 year ago)

I can only imagine how you feel right now. I love my furbabies like they are my kids – if one of them got sick, I don’t know what I’d do.

You know you can always count on me when you need me – that’s how we do. You’ve been there for me so I’m happy to return the favor. πŸ™‚

You know about my crazy life and all that’s going on. I rely on the same ladies you do, including you as well. I don’t know what I’d do without you all.

I’ll be praying for Zue gf.

Take care!

• Bren
      August 31, 2016 at 5:44 pm (1 year ago)

Hey Cori,

I really appreciate you taking on Becky’s web design. I was finishing up with Rosalyn’s and knew another was waiting for me. Plus the surgery came up so it was perfect timing. I trust you enough and value your talents. I’d recommend you in a heartbeat.

I know you love your furkids just like mine. That is one of the things I so admire about you. That and your determination to make it big! You also put yourself out there and have made a name for yourself. A good name, mind you. You’re an influencer in the field and I’m blessed to have your friendship.

Thank you for all the prayers. We need them and will use them.

Chat soon, girly!

Bren

2. Nataly Auger
    August 29, 2016 at 5:02 pm (1 year ago)

I’m so sorry for what is happening to Zue. It must be extremely difficult for you right now.

Myrka is showing signs of aging (multiple liposomes in her tummy, senility, difficulty walking, etc.). I know that it’s not the exact same thing because every situation is different, but when you’re faced with the possibility of losing a fur child, it’s very hard to us.

I know that I’m not as available as the other girls you mentioned in your post, but you know that you can also count on me. Even if it’s only to chat, I’m there if you need me. Please, don’t hesitate to email or send me a message on Facebook if you need a friend to talk to.

I’ll pray for you and Zue, and I’ll follow your updates on Facebook!

Take care, gf! <3

~Nataly

• Bren
      August 31, 2016 at 5:41 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Nataly,

Thank you so much. I know I can count on you, but I also know you have your hands quite full at the moment and would not want to hinder you with my burden. Prayers is all I can ask for at this point. I’m a firm believer in “prayers in numbers”. I know Princess Zue Zue has many people pulling for her and will be fine. It’s just getting through it that’s hard.

Do know that I am always here for you as well. I appreciate all the shares you do for me and the others. I honestly think you should make time for a part-time gig as Social Media Manager. If I was making big bucks, I’d hire you in a second. πŸ™‚

Thank you for your prayers, hon. They are truly appreciated. Have a great evening!

Bren

August 30, 2016 at 10:15 am (1 year ago)

I know how you feel. Been through the very same thing twice. Once with Sheba (gone now after 20 years) but she had cancer. She was 8 when we found out and didn’t do much but cared for her nutritionally. She lasted until she was 20 ….doggie cancer is different. But I digress…..

Giuseppe the hound had a huge lump and had to get it removed. I’m sure you remember that one. Although it wasn’t cancer, we stood up nights with him…I know the feeling.

So, sit back and take care of your baby….we got your back. And thanks for the mention. If you need anything PM me to let me know.

-Donna

• Bren
      August 31, 2016 at 5:38 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Donna,

I’m so sorry about your Sheba, but sounds like she beat the odds. It’s still horrible to watch our beloveds in pain. I know you love your babies as I do mine.

I do remember Giuseppe’s. Thankfully, that wasn’t cancer. Just like human children, our furkids need us to help them recovery and need that tender loving care. You have a heart of gold, my friend. Your babies and David are sure lucky to have you!

I appreciate your kind words. Thanks, Donna.

Bren

4. Rica
    August 30, 2016 at 10:31 am (1 year ago)

I wish your baby lots of rest and healing. I agree we all need to step back sometimes and take a moment to recharge and reset. It’s good to have a network of friends who are on our team and can show up for us when we need it.

• Bren
      August 31, 2016 at 5:36 pm (1 year ago)

Hey Rica,

Thank you, my friend. You are so sweet and such an inspiration to me. I hope that you have a few backup buddies and can add me to your list. It helps to boost one another up. We can only push so far with one head. With many, we can conquer the world!

Hope you enjoyed your Bahamian vacation!

Bren

5. Dana
    August 30, 2016 at 10:46 am (1 year ago)

Hey Bren,

I know Z’s health is on your mind. I’d be feeling the same way – and I wish you a very successful outcome to all of this.

Yes, sometimes life gets in the way. And when it does, it sure does help to have a buddy.

It’s wonderful that Cori is able to help you with this latest project. As far as I’m concerned, this is (only) one of the benefits of building relationships in the community. You know her work, you care about her (and I know the feeling is mutual) and you feel completely at easy referring someone to her. Not just because of her talent, but because she’s a true professional and has integrity.
    Like you.

I appreciate the mention B. So happy to have gotten to know you. Please let me know if there’s anything I can do.

• Bren
      August 31, 2016 at 5:34 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Dana,

Thank you for your kind words, my friend. See how awesome backup buddies are? They are there for moral support, comfort, and helping with the blog or business. I truly feel blessed to have so many of you.

I have to agree with building relationships and communities. Without them, how does one grow? Don’t we need support to grow our blogs and businesses? I feel sorry for those bloggers who don’t understand how much engagement and being open can build friendships. Yes, I am blessed for Cori as we do have mutual talents and businesses. I think it’s important to help boost one another up. Just like with your coaching, which by the way you need to guest and share your business on here soon. We tried the coaching session in the GP50 group. I hoped that had worked out well enough to get you a gig. But, we’ll still try!

I’m so happy that we connected and formed a special friendship. I hope the weather is going to be good to you down there. Hopefully, that nasty storm will pass you by.

Love ya girl!

Bren

6. Lisa P Sicard
    August 30, 2016 at 2:52 pm (1 year ago)

Bren, now that I have a dog in my life I don’t know how you do it all with 2 dogs – let alone when one has a health issue or even one healthy dog. They do need time and attention and you can’t be blogging or doing other stuff at the same time. (Tried it!) I hope Zue will be okay – sending hugs your way!
    I surely do have some backup buddies too including you Bren, we surely can’t do it all on our own without the help of great friends along the way.
    Take care of yourself so you can help Zue through this!

• Bren
      August 31, 2016 at 5:29 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Lisa,

Believe it or not, it is actually easier with two dogs. The occupy one another leaving you more “me time”. However, keeping these two separated will be a challenge. I’m going to be super stressed and I’m sure Titan will be jealous at the extra attention Zue will be getting. However, we’ll get through this just like we do everything else. I appreciate your hugs and kind words. It’s amazing how much love and prayers are pouring in for her. πŸ™‚

I hope you know you can count on me. Backup buddies are awesome to have, even during non-emergencies.

Thanks for stopping by to comment and share. The weekend is almost here!

Bren

7. Amar kumar
    August 31, 2016 at 5:57 am (1 year ago)

Hey Brenda,

Willing to read your wonderful post,

Yes, i really agree with you every bloggers and entrepreneurs required to develop relationship to network and need to engage in communities, these things are helpful to find a backup buddy for special occasions.

Basically, every person need a backup body to participate in our bliss as well as in critical condition. In everybody life, they have to meet moment of joy as well as sorrow moment. Its human nature when a single person participate in that moment they feel happy, when they motivate. Finally great post with amazing topic.

Eventually, thanks for sharing your worthy post.

With best regards,

Amar kumar

• Bren
      August 31, 2016 at 5:22 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Amar,

Thank you. I’m glad you see the value in having a backup buddy. Do you have one? Or a group? I think it’s essential, especially for our businesses because we never know when something may happen.

I appreciate you taking the time to comment and share my post. Thank you.

Bren

8. Ravi Chahar
    August 31, 2016 at 2:51 pm (1 year ago)

Hey Brenda,

I can understand how you feel right now. It’s hard to handle such situations. But you know that life is so hard and we have to fight.

It’s important to work properly. But if you can’t then your backup buddy will help you and maintain your work.
    Donna and all others are awesome people.

The pit bulls will be healthy soon.

Take care.
    ~Ravi

• Bren
      August 31, 2016 at 5:21 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for your kind words. It’s true but not many of us think about it. What happens if we end up in the hospital? Would our business just be MIA for that period of time? Or is there someone you trust enough to continue on for you? Finding trust in someone like that is hard to find but once you do, you hang on to them for dear life.

I have more than just these ladies I mentioned. Like Nataly of Myrka Street. She has a lot on her plate, however, she recently reached out to me to express concern and share her assistance. I am happy of the tight-knit group of blogging pals (who are my real friends as well) I have. I never have to think twice about doubting myself because they are always there for me.

Like yourself, I really appreciate all the shares and comments you do for my biz and my hobby blog. I hope you know I’d be there for you in your time of need too.

Thanks for stopping by and your constant support. πŸ™‚

Bren

9. Sherman Smith
    August 31, 2016 at 8:13 pm (1 year ago)

Hey Brenda,

I know what you’re going through and it can be a tough one, but a surgery will be the best for her. I’m sure that she’ll make it through.

Having a backup buddy can definitely come in handy. Whenever you’re caught between a rock and a hard place, this is how we can benefit from them and vice versa. This is the benefit of building great relationships with others!

Thanks for sharing Brenda! I’ll keep your pit bull in my prayers.

• Bren
      September 5, 2016 at 3:00 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Sherman. It’s great to see you!

Thank you for your kind thoughts. My apologies for not responding sooner but I’ve seriously been a hot mess since the surgery. It is definitely more intense than I anticipated.

As you know, building relationships is very important. Without them, would we have any readers, subscribers, blogging friends? I’m sure you have a pretty good backup system in place. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and adding to the conversation. The more people understand how important building Communities and Relationships are, the better they will be.

Have a great week ahead!

Bren

10. Lisa Thomson
    September 2, 2016 at 8:10 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Bren, Oh, my gosh I’m so sorry about your beautiful pup having to undergo surgery. Poor thing. Hope she is recovering nicely. Life does get in the way! I have made some awesome blogging friends including you πŸ™‚ I also have a posse of ladies in real life I can call on in an emergency. They’d be there in a heartbeat. So, I consider myself very fortunate. My site needs a refresher and a theme update so I will get in touch with you after you’re pup is all recovered.

• Bren
      September 5, 2016 at 2:57 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Lisa and Thank you,

It’s definitely been a bit trying since Thursday. My brain is pretty much fried and on one track, my furkids.

I’m glad to hear that you have backup buddies to help you out. Could you image if we didn’t?

I’ll be happy to help you out as soon as all gets back to quiet here. ::) Hope you had a great weekend!

Bren

11. Ryan | Blogging From Paradise
    September 12, 2016 at 3:37 pm (1 year ago)

I hope your pit baby is OK bren!

I love these dogs. Best on earth. My old roommate had 1 as did my sister. I know how you feel too; the panic and anxiety Kelli and I experienced earlier this year when we saw our baby Toby wheezing was maddening, and it ate into our blogging time, big time. He had to visit the Rainbow Bridge but in most cases surgery will do the trick and lead to healing.

My blogging buddy/developer Phillip Dews is handling some wonky tech issues on my blog with my new CDN, and images dropping out, as well as SSL and caching stuff. Gotta have those friends and help them out regularly because life WILL intervene.

Sending healing energies to you and your pit/baby!

• Bren
      September 12, 2016 at 6:11 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Ryan,

Thanks so much. Zue is much better. We go Thursday to have her sutures removed. I’m so sorry to hear about your baby. Losing our beloved furchildren can be devastating.

I’m glad to see you have a backup buddy and a techy one at that. I find there is always someone out there that knows just a bit more than me. When I find them, I snatch ’em and make them my buddy. πŸ˜‰

It’s great to see you here. I hope you’re enjoying Paradise!

B