If you have a business, I would say Absolutely! As a matter of fact, I would say blogging is pretty much mandatory if you want to have your product(s) or service(s) seen.
I would say #blogging is pretty much mandatory if you want to have your product(s)/service(s) seen.Click To Tweet
Is Blogging Worth the Time and Effort?
I’m sure if you are a Blogger, this question has come into your mind more than once or twice. Don’t feel bad. I believe it’s only natural to question anything that may be tedious or time-consuming. However, I think the first question you should be asking yourself is “Why am I blogging?”
See, we all start a blog for many different reasons. Here’s just a few:
- to make money
- to make friends
- to build a community
- to share our experiences
- use as a journal
However, if you are a Blogger, you know that these things don’t happen overnight. It takes a lot of time and much effort. When people ask me if they should blog, I like to ask:
- Why do you want to blog?
- Do you have the time and effort to put into it?
Some of the answers I get are a bit comical.
- “What do you mean, time? I just throw some words on a blog and go!”
- “Effort? You mean I actually have to do more than just publish a post?”
- “I want to make money!”
Are ya with me?
Blogging is Hard Work
Trust me, it really is a monotonous thing to do, most days. However, I believe it is worth it.
Let’s look at what goes into a blog:
- Decide Why you want to blog?
- Where or Which blog platform are you going to use?
- What is the name of your blog?
- Is your blog URL (domain) available?
- How do I create my blog?
- Do I have money to invest in it?
- Do I have money to hire a web designer?
- What will my niche be?
- Promotion of posts
- Engaging in comments
The above are just a few things that you should concern yourself with. It all takes time and effort.
Bloggers get different things out of blogging. It’s really based on the Why they started a blog in the first place.
- document their lives
- build a community of like-minded individuals
- make friendships
- have a voice
- make a difference
- make money
But whatever your reason is, be sure you will get something out of it (and usually something Good!).
As with anything we do, there are Pros and Cons. Let’s take a peek at a couple of things that I find are a Con but do not deter me from blogging.
- the time to create, publish and promote
- the effort needed to succeed
- criticism from readers
- costs in hosting your own blog
As I said previously, there will always be Pros and Cons of anything you do. What matters is how strong your desire is and your will to push forward.What matters is how strong your desire is and your will to push forward.Click To Tweet
Where Do I Start?
Oh gosh, I really dislike when people ask me this. There are so many tutorials on the web about how to get started. The gist of it is:
- Will this be a hobby or do you plan on making it a business?
Depending on your answer, would be the route you could take. Will I advise you of where you should start?
I could, but I will just leave you with a few resources for you to check out on your own.
- Start a Mom Blog
- Getting Started with WordPress
- Create a WordPress.com Blog
- Web Development Advanced
- Design Your First Blog with Blogger
And if all else fails, simply just ask me.
So, Is Blogging Worth all the Time and Effort?
Absolutely, but I want to hear from you! Do you think blogging is worth it?