5 Daily Tasks You Can Outsource to a Virtual Assistant

5 Daily Tasks You Can Outsource to a Virtual AssistantIf you’re a Girl Boss or Boss Dude, I’m sure your daily tasks list is about as long as mine, or maybe, even longer. Mine just so happens to be one of two daily tasks lists because I have yet a day job and a side hustle. There are times I just can’t accomplish everything on my list. It’s simply not feasible!

If you find yourself in the same boat as me, or even a similar tugboat style, maybe hiring a Virtual Assistant could help you!

Now, before you start saying “I can’t afford one”, which I really can’t at this point, know there are some  VA’s out there that will work with your budget.

When you find a Virtual Assistant that will work with your budget, which by the way this is totally awesomesauce, how are you going to let them help you? What daily tasks could you hire them to do? I’ve created a list for you!

5 Daily Tasks You Can Outsource to a Virtual Assistant

We all know how tedious paperwork can be. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a responsible assistant do that for you? Think of the headaches it could save you!

Administrative Tasks

As a Girl Boss or Boss Dude, we find administrative type tasks in our day-to-day adventures. A VA could definitely help you:

• Calendar Management – A VA can manage your personal and business schedule for you. Do you generally need to schedule time with existing clients to discuss projects? What about scheduling time to meet with potential new clients? Having a VA to manage your online and offline schedule could ease your workload. All you would need to do is “show up” and get down to business!
  • Email Management – If you’re like me, I check my email first thing in the morning. Sometimes there can be an abundance of inquiries pertaining to my side hustle that need to be answered in a prompt manner. Having a VA to answer the inquiries on behalf of yourself could ease your morning routine, as well as, email overload during the rest of your day.
  • Solicitation – Depending on the type of business you have, you may ask a VA to solicit new clients on behalf of your business. Sometimes electronic messages aren’t the best way. Maybe, just maybe, going back to an old school routine could be the answer. A VA could create flyers or brochures and distribute via postal “snail” mail. You could also have him/her contact businesses, bloggers, or other entrepreneurs via telephone.
  • Business Manners – A VA could assist you with billing by creating and sending invoices to your clients. He/she could also do follow up on delinquent payments. Then there is always the bookkeeping aspect. Do you use Quickbooks, Freshbooks, or another type of electronic system? Absolutely, a trustworthy, VA could assist you with that!
  • Customer/Client Relations – Depending on the type of side hustle you have, sending out Thank You cards or gifts after a completed project can be a nice gesture.
Ya Might LikeThis To --->  If At First You Don't Succeed, Try and Try Again

Blogging Tasks

If you have a website/blog, you know that it’s just not as simple as writing a post and hitting the publish button. A Virtual Assistant can help manage all aspects of your website and free up time for you to do more important tasks.

• Create Content
  • Research Topics
  • Schedule and/or Publish Content
  • Create Images for the posts

5 Daily Tasks You Can Outsource to a Virtual Assistant - Designs by Virtual Bren

Website Maintenance

Oh yes, the joys of having a self-hosted website! Who would have known there was so in keeping your website safe and free of clutter? A VA can ease your mind by staying on top of the maintenance of your website. He/she could:

• Manage/Moderate Comments
  • Optimize the database
  • Remove all Spam and Empty Trash
  • Ensure plugins and themes are up-to-date. If not can update as needed.
  • Correct issues as they arise (conflicts with plugins and/or coding issues).
  • Other miscellaneous issues that arise over time.

Social Media

If you’re not using Social Media for your website, blog, or business, you are seriously missing out on opportunities! I’m not saying you need to use all the platforms, just focus on a few that you find are generating traffic or business for you. A VA can:

• Create images for the social media platforms you choose to focus on.
  • Create content/status updates to go along with the images.
  • Schedule the content for publishing.
  • Engage with your fans and/or comments on behalf of you and/or your business.
  • Answer inquiries.
Ya Might LikeThis To --->  Special Guest: Are You Blogging For Glory You Always Dreamed About?

Community Building

If you don’t know by now, building a Community is essential in today’s online World. Whether it’s for your blog or your business, having a Community of like-minded folks can help you grow your business. However, a Community will only get you so far. Having a VA to assist with building a Community and/or Relationships can help you go that much further.

• Search out those in your niche and engage via their blogs. This entails commenting and sharing their content on social media.
  • Look at other content websites, like Reddit, LinkedIn, and Inbound and engage on articles within your niche. This helps grow your name and will build your reputation.

So, you see, hiring a Virtual Assistant can help with several of your day-to-day tasks. The options are limitless! Finding a good Virtual Assistant can be quite a mission in itself so if you’re serious about looking to hire, please reach out to me today!

Isn't it time you looked into hiring a #VirtualAssistant? #GirlBoss #VA #wahClick To Tweet

If you don’t see it on my Work With Me page, just ask! I’m currently expanding my Services and will be updating my page shortly!

Ya Might LikeThis To --->  The Best All-In-One Social Media WordPress Plugin

Now It’s Your Turn

Do you see the benefits of hiring a Virtual Assistant to help you? If you could have a VA for just one (1) week, what would you have them do?

Let’s discuss below!

32 Comments on 5 Daily Tasks You Can Outsource to a Virtual Assistant

1. Lisa Sicard
    June 20, 2017 at 1:48 pm (6 months ago)

Hi Bren, oh yes a va can certainly help one get more done. Some of the things you mentioned I hadn’t thought of like someone to do research and solicitations.
    I’m loving the graphics you created for me. Helps keep my sire more uniform with branding.
    Thank you!

• Bren
      June 26, 2017 at 6:00 pm (6 months ago)

Hi Lisa,

My apologies for my late reply. There are numerous things that VA’s can help bloggers with. I’m sure there are a lot more than what I’ve mentioned above. I love designing graphics and will be adding them to my services, probably like a bundle. Just let me know when you need more. 😉

Bren

2. Ryan Biddulph
    June 20, 2017 at 2:58 pm (6 months ago)

Digging the list. Like Lisa I had given no thought to the research thingee. Hire a VA and any research legwork disappears. Not a bad deal. My email volume is not too bananas because I am ruthless in what I scan, what I delete and respond to all emails in 3 sentences tops these days. Had to be that way. Or I would never sleep, or have a life. Thanks for sharing 🙂

Ryan

• Bren
      June 26, 2017 at 6:02 pm (6 months ago)

Hey Ryan,

Researching topics for blog content or even researching the competition is an interesting task in itself. Many bloggers spend hours, maybe days, scouring the web in search of detailed information for their topics. It can be tedious and of course, time-consuming. Imagine being able to tell a VA your topic and have them submit articles, sources, and other analytics to you? I need one of those myself! I’m glad to see you liked my list. 🙂

3. Harleena Singh
    June 21, 2017 at 3:34 am (6 months ago)

You are right about all that you mentioned 🙂

A VA can be a real boon and do so much for you! I’d surely be needing someone for my social media management tasks, which just seem to be increasing as the follower’s increase. I wish at times there was a ginny who could take care of all my tasks and leave me free to focus more on things that are long overdue!

Thanks for sharing. Have a nice week ahead 🙂

• Bren
      June 26, 2017 at 6:03 pm (6 months ago)

Hi Harleena,

You said it, girl! I would love to be able to help you with your social media. Why not drop me a line and see what we can work out? I know you have a hectic schedule not only online but off. Hope you’re doing well!

Bren

4. Shantanu Sinha
    June 22, 2017 at 1:07 am (6 months ago)

Hello Bren,

OH Yeah! A VA cam help us in getting all these things done and branding out our brand on a larger scale. Solicitations is
    something very effective way to reach out our clients and new audiences, va can be very effective in this.

Social media is a very effective weapon in branding our business and blogs, but we need some extra time to go after this
    and keep it regulated among our audiences. VA can manage all these stuffs while we can focus on other ways to brand our
    business.

Thanks for the share

Shantanu.

• Bren
      June 26, 2017 at 6:05 pm (6 months ago)

Hi Shantanu,

A VA can help us create magic, ease our workload, and do wonders for our mental state. I know many that have not only one, but several VA’s working for them. Each one has their own set of tasks to accomplish! Sounds like a Win-Win to me! I appreciate you taking the time to share with us!

5. Rob McDonald
    June 22, 2017 at 11:00 am (6 months ago)

Hey Bren,

All I can say is WOW!

The 5 tasks you describe are often done by 5 different people. It amazes me that you can do all 5. 😉

Seriously, as bloggers, we are all probably trying to do these five tasks ourselves, but there doesn’t seem to be the time to get everything done, especially like you said, if blogging is just a side gig.

These are great ideas and will certainly share with my readers.

Bren, thanks for sharing and have a good rest of the week!

–Rob

• Bren
      June 26, 2017 at 6:10 pm (6 months ago)

Hey Rob,

You crack me up! Seriously, if we have the knowledge and the skill, why not offer it. I mean, I’m learning that some don’t even realize the capabilities of a VA. When you’re ready for yours, be sure to look me up. 🙂

6. Cori Ramos
    June 23, 2017 at 8:59 pm (6 months ago)

Hey Bren,

I wish I could afford a VA – having someone help me research and other blogging tasks would be a dream come true! When I do, you know I’m calling you. 🙂

If I could have a VA for a week, I would ask her to manage my social media while I concentrate on my projects and other aspects of the blogging biz that bring in the clients and money. 🙂 Ugh – one can only dream. LOL

Great post B! You know I’m sharing this one. Have a great weekend gf!

• Bren
      June 26, 2017 at 6:13 pm (6 months ago)

Hey Cori,

Thanks, girl! You know I could use my own VA but can’t afford anyone other than myself, and I come cheap! I think social media management is huge! It even takes a lot of time to schedule all those updates and once they are published, you’re back to square one! Where there is a Will, there is a Way, my friend. I’m sure by this time next year, you’ll have your very own VA.

Thanks for taking the time to comment girly!

7. lisa thomson
    June 24, 2017 at 1:03 pm (6 months ago)

Fabulous post, Bren. I like how you’ve laid out the possible duties of a VA. Many only dream of having this service, but having a better understanding of the role a VA could play, really is convincing. Creating images to go along with my writing would really help grab some attention, I think. Plus, book promo on social media is an area I don’t focus on enough. I don’t like to honk my horn all the time but unfortunately, it’s what is necessary to get clicks, reviews and sales.

• Bren
      June 26, 2017 at 6:15 pm (6 months ago)

Hey Lisa!

I’m glad you found my list helpful. I bet you didn’t even realize some the duties a VA could take off your hands. Creating images is huge, especially for branding. I even started doing it on this site. Sometimes, when we have it, we must flaunt it! There is no shame in tootin’ your own horn, girl. We have a product that needs to get out there, share the hell out of it!

I’m glad you stopped by to share with us. Hope all has been well!

8. Susan Velez
    June 25, 2017 at 7:26 am (6 months ago)

Great post and while I have outsourced some tasks in the past, I haven’t outsourced for any of the tasks that you mention. If I did hire a VA, I think I would let them handle the social media tasks for me.

To tell you the truth, I am still trying to get the hang of how to use it effectively. It takes a lot of time to learn the ins and outs. I agree with you about not trying to be on all of them. I know that it’s important to learn how to use them, but it can definitely be time consuming.

As a blogger, there’s always so much to do in our daily lives. It seems like a never ending cycle. I’ve finally gotten to a point where I know what needs to be done and I focus on that.

I am also at a point where I am now taking weekends off, besides reading blogs and commenting with my coffee 🙂 When I first started my blog, I was working weekends, because there was always something to do.

Yup a VA can definitely be a life saver, especially for a new blogger. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us and show us how we can make the most of hiring a VA.

Have a great day 🙂

Susan

• Bren
      June 26, 2017 at 6:18 pm (6 months ago)

Hi Susan,

You know, by outsourcing some tasks, you’re helping someone else put bread on the table. 🙂 Not to mention, freeing up time for yourself. I know web design and development can take up a lot of time and the rest of our blogging tasks get sidelined. I’m glad to hear that you have found a rhythm to where you can sit back and chill on the weekends. That’s admirable in itself!

I hope you’re having a great start to the week! Thanks for sharing with us.

9. Nadalie
    June 26, 2017 at 9:56 am (6 months ago)

Hey Bren,

Such a helpful list of suggested tasks to outsource. I’m a one woman show and it’s hard for me to give up control over everything. But even harder because I’m a perfectionist and I always debate whether it’s worth the money to pay someone to do it. Especially at this time, when I’m past the keeping blogging expenses super low phase.

It’s on the future help list for sure,

Nadalie

• Bren
      June 26, 2017 at 6:21 pm (6 months ago)

Hi Nadalie,

Like you, I’m a one-woman show too and have a hard time delegating, but I would with the right VA. Who knows, maybe even a blogging friend of yours would be suitable to help you out in the near future? We can only hope, right?

I’m glad to see that you are open to a VA in the future. Until then, I guess we’ll both be busy bees!

10. Raquel S Sosnovich
    June 26, 2017 at 2:15 pm (6 months ago)

I have never thought about hiring a VA but after reading this post I think I might. There is so much going on with my full time job, personal life, and blog that maybe it will come in handy afterall. Thanks for the insight!

Raquel

• Bren
      June 26, 2017 at 6:24 pm (6 months ago)

Hi Raquel,

Yeah! I’m glad that you’ll look into it! Like you, I have a full-time job, a side-hustle, blog, and personal life. A VA would even help myself out. There are numerous tasks one can do to help ease our workload. Trust me, for whatever you think you need help with, there’s a VA waiting to help you. 🙂

11. silvia
    June 26, 2017 at 4:13 pm (6 months ago)

This is really great! I would love to have a VA, but I always imagined “I can’t afford one” haha. But now you’ve really inspired me to look for someone willing to work even with a small budget and mayeb I can find things to compensate with that would help their careers in the long run.

• Bren
      June 26, 2017 at 6:26 pm (6 months ago)

Hi Silvia,

Finding a VA that will work with your budget may be hard in itself, but they are out there. I am one of them. There are many that feel we don’t charge enough for our services, thus we are selling ourselves short. But what about those that could really use a VA and don’t have a large budget? These are the ones I target with my blog and web design services, why not with my VA services? 🙂

Thank you for sharing with us! If I can help you, don’t hesitate to reach out to me.

12. Jenn Pereira
    June 27, 2017 at 12:03 am (6 months ago)

If you want to maximise your time to do more productive stuffs then having a VA could be helpful. I maybe hire one for myself to soon. When your business is progressing its so hard to keep on track on everything. Especially if you are working alone.

Thanks for the tips !

• Bren
      July 5, 2017 at 6:46 pm (5 months ago)

Hi Jenn,

My apologies for my delayed response. Maybe, if I had a VA, I would have replied sooner. 🙂 No excuse, right? YEs, it’s true though. Having someone to take a least one task off your list can be a huge difference. Good luck in finding a VA!

13. Sherman Smith
    June 29, 2017 at 3:05 pm (6 months ago)

Hey Bren,

Someone like me with a hectic schedule could definitely benefit from VA’s. I have used VA’s in the past and they worked out pretty good. I used them to promote my content on Social Media which took a load off.

I haven’t used VAs for a while since i’ve been using my time better, but just in case I want to be “lazy” on some tasks, I will definitely look out for some VA’s. So I may be giving you a buzz soon

Thanks for sharing Bren! Have a great weekend!

• Bren
      July 5, 2017 at 6:45 pm (5 months ago)

Hi Sherman!

Yes, I know your schedule is crazy busy and you could really use a VA to ease your workload. There are times that even I could use one! Content promotion is a big one for VA’s. Also, helping with blog content and images. I like the idea of having someone do research for me as well, but I’m so bad a letting someone take the lead! Terrible, right?

Whenever you’re ready, Sherman, I would love to assist you!

Have a great week ahead!

14. Sara
    July 1, 2017 at 10:43 pm (5 months ago)

Hi, Bren. It’s great to see you expanding your offerings. These are all great tasks.

If I had a V.A. for one week, I’d have him/her assist me in setting up systems for what I do on a daily basis.

I have a post I wrote on this same topic when someone on FB asked what a blogger’s assistant does. I even made an infographic. ^_^

• Bren
      July 5, 2017 at 6:23 pm (5 months ago)

Hey Sara,

Thank you! I think we could all use a VA to help us set up or perfect certain systems we use on a daily basis. I know I could!

I need to hop over and check out your post. I must have missed it in my reader! Hope you’re enjoying your summer!

15. Marios Tofarides
    August 2, 2017 at 1:38 am (4 months ago)

Hi, Bren!

I am sure a virtual assistant could help a lot in many tedious tasks as well as setting up systems.
    How (and where) does one get and select a VA? Do you prefer a native or an overseas VA – I am aware that the Philippinos VA market is thriving 😉
    Also, when you hire a VA, do you hire them as employees or as subcontractors/freelancers?

Thanks!

• Bren
      September 22, 2017 at 6:05 pm (3 months ago)

Hi Mario,

You got that right! A VA can do miracles for our heavy workloads as Freelancers, Entrepreneurs, Girl Boss’s, and Boss Dudes!

For me, since I’m in the United States, I prefer to hire in the States. I know I could go overseas and hire a VA for a lot less money, however, I believe in supporting my own first. I do many, however, that hire from overseas and receive great quality for their money.

I think the hiring concept can take on many different roles. (1) Depending on the Virtual Assistant. They may prefer to be subcontracted which leaves them more flexibility. (2) The nature of the tasks being hired for. If the tasks will be ongoing for a long-term period, one may be hired as an employee. However, being hired as an employee opens up another can of worms as far as providing benefits and more.

Great questions, Marios! Have a great day!

B

September 22, 2017 at 2:44 pm (3 months ago)

As always an interesting read. I agree with your points & appreciate your efforts that you have selected this topic to write an article.

By the way, It’s always pleasure to read your posts and comment.

~ Donna

• Bren
      September 22, 2017 at 6:01 pm (3 months ago)

Hi Donna,

Great to see you here. As you know, we could all use a VA for at least a few hours a day or weekly for that. Maybe someday we’ll both have our own. 🙂

Have a great weekend!