Over the past several years, my business has evolved from Virtual Assisting to Web Design and Blog Management. I had a game plan when I initially started, but as you know, our plans can change as we feel fit.
Create a virtual business where I can help Entrepreneurs with their needs. This mainly consisted of administrative/clerical needs, however, I quickly found out that people in the United States are more apt to hire those from overseas because the rates are a lot less expensive.Don't let your #sidehustle get you down, get even! An Ambitious #GirlBoss will Always Shine!Click To Tweet
Let’s expand from helping Entrepreneurs to helping Bloggers! Yes, I remember as a Blogger starting out and I was clueless. I needed help with content, design, and social media! I wish I would have had help back then!
And now we embark on the next step.
As many of you know, my lifestyle has taken a drastic change, yet one that I’m fully embracing. Not only do I have a wonderful new man in my life who loves and cares for me, but I’m adding another girl furchild to the mix! Over the next several months, I’ll be preparing my home to sell. The thought of all the work involved makes me cringe, yet is something I must do! As when any house is sold, I will be relocating south of where I am now and much closer to the beach area. It’s amazing what a change of atmosphere and adding some loving and positive vibes into one’s life can actually make!
Initially, I stated on my business page that I would not be accepting new clients after the new year. I may have been speaking to soon. See, the fact is, I love what I do! The issue is, I may not have as much time on my hands as I once did. A girl has to enjoy her new life, right?
So, I’m currently working on a new plan.
Limit my Services.
You may know that I once offer Blog Migration Services. However, over the past few months, I noticed that it has become more difficult to perform a full migration! The content and pages generally migrate successfully. The issue I’m having now is with importing images!
We all know how important images are, right?
I even had this issue with my current website! Go ahead and scan through some of the articles! You’ll see it’s imageless!
That said, effective immediately I am cutting Blog Migration from my Services.
What am I retaining?
- I will focus more on helping Bloggers on a Monthly basis with my Blog Management/Maintenance Service. You may be amazed at how popular this has become! I will be updating the pricing in the next month so stay tuned!
- WordPress.com and WordPress.org Install and Setup. This is yet another popular package that I am going to focus on, however, I may slightly change what is included in that package.
- I will continue to offer Custom WordPress Web Design, however, my turn around time may be a bit longer.
- WordPress Theme Alterations has not been a huge seller but I plan on still offering it.
- Many have asked me about Social Media Services. Although, I do offer to a very select few currently, I find that the time I can allocate to it has me a bit strapped.
- Lastly, Graphic Design and Images. This is also a Service that I offer to a select few individuals. It can be time-consuming and quite frankly if you have the “wrong type of client”if can leave you extremely stressed out. I’m all about the simple life now.
- Oh, and of course, you remember I DO have a FULL-TIME job as well, right?
- Recreate content images
- Create a new Portfolio of previous and current work
- Revise my current services
- Create a new Contact Me page for client ease
- Tweaks here and there. You know a Designer can’t stay too long with the same old blah blah blah…..
Ambitious Girl Bosses Never Stop
If I have learned anything, it’s that you can’t keep an ambitious girl boss down for long. We must end up on top and thrive in our business.
Over the past few years, I have seen new Girl Bosses rise and fall so I wanted to take a quick moment to mention a few of my favorite gal pals! Seriously, check out their businesses because you’ll definitely want their services!
- April of Studio Mommy
- Cori of CorinaRamos.Net
- Dana of I Am My Imagination
- Kita of It’s Really Kita
- Latorsha of Peake Fit and Fabulous
- Lisa of Inspire to Thrive
- Ravi of Blogging Love
There are so many more I could mention and I will at a later date, however, these are the folks that inspire me on a daily basis. Seriously, each one of them offers me inspiration of some sort every day!
We all know “life” happens and sometimes it’s peaches and cream and others it’s like bratwurst and beans. Life is what we make of it. No matter how many setbacks we have, we must remember to push forward and kick butt!When life grabs you by the nads, breathe first, giggle and grab back! #GirlBossesRockClick To Tweet
Lastly, I lost the majority of my email subscribers and will not be opting into MailerLite again. That said, please Subscribe via Email or Feed so you don’t miss out on any new content or important announcements, and/or discounts!
Thank you as always for your continued support! Y’all rock in my books!