Once Upon a Time, There was an Entrepreneur Who Thought She Could

Once Upon a Time There Was An Entrepreneur Who Thought She Could

She had a dream.

She wanted to help others create their Dreams.

She wasn’t sure if she would be successful or if she would fall flat on her bum.

The fear of the unknown engulfed her but she wouldn’t allow it to stop her.

She was passionate about her mission so she sat down and started planning.

Once upon a time, there was an Entrepreneur who thought she could

Does this sound like someone you know?

Everyone has a story. Whether it’s a Success story or a story of how many times I tried yet didn’t get it quite right.

“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” ―ConfuciusClick To Tweet

However, if you are passionate about whatever your mission may be, don’t ever allow anything to stop you from achieving it.

Without Failure, there is No Success.

My Story

I’m 3 years into my business now.

Am I Successful?

I think that depends on your idea of Success.

If I am achieving my dream of helping others with their blogs, then yes, by all means, I feel I’m Successful.

However, as we know, there are many that measure Success by:

• the amount in their bank account
  • the number of subscribers to their blog
  • the number of followers on social media networks
  • the accomplishment of your goals (the number you achieve)
  • your availability (is your social/business calendar booked)
  • and so many more ways

How do you measure Success?

The Struggle can be real

As with any project, there can be many struggles. How we cope with these “unfriendlies” could make or break our momentum and our will to continue.

However, as with anything in life, if you really want it, we must push forward even when we feel as though we can no longer.

Ya Might LikeThis To --->  Virtual Assistants: We're Not Your Daddy's Old Secretary
“It always seems impossible until it’s done.” ―Nelson MandelaClick To Tweet

The Reward, in the end, is what makes the blood, sweat, and tears all worth it!

Don’t get sucked in

If you Google “Entrepreneur” stories, you’re going to find many success stories.

A word of caution, not all Entrepreneurs want you to know how many times they “failed” and started over. We all want to think we are perfect and can get it right the first time.

I beg to differ.

I want you to know it’s alright to fall flat on your face, as long as you get back up and tackle your dreams until you achieve them!

You’re not going to get it right the first time.

• You’ll need to find your audience.
  • You need to figure out a marketing strategy if any.
  • You must engage with others and grow your community.

Without these, you’re going to have a very difficult road to reaching your mission, if ever.

'It's alright to fall on your face, as long as you get back up and at it!' -Virtual Bren #successClick To Tweet

Stick to your guns

You’re going to read a lot of blogs about building your business and how to be a successful entrepreneur or freelancer.

Take everything you read with a grain of salt.

Once Upon a Time There Was An Entrepreneur Who Thought She Could

Don’t concede to spending thousands of dollars on a “Coach” in hopes of making it big, faster!

It’s not going to happen.

We each have our paths carefully chosen for us and when the time is right, it will happen.

Never give up!

The Dark Cloud

Over 6 months ago, I had a dark cloud come over my life.

Ya Might LikeThis To --->  Seduce Them To Your Blog With the Help of These Two Girl Bosses

It was my choice to make a lifestyle change and I’ll never regret it.

However, that “choice” gave me no option than to not push promote my business like I want to.

The fear of someone trying to take my hard-earned side-hustle earnings from me angered me to no end.

I chose to lay low for a bit and let the business fall where it would, knowing in a mere 6 more months I would be able to promote the heck out of my business and grow the hell out of it!

But I never gave up helping others.

Remember, that is my main mission.

Regardless of what obstacles have been thrown my way, I continue to push forward and put smiles on the faces of others striving to achieve their dreams.

There is no failure except in no longer trying.” ―Elbert HubbardClick To Tweet

I Don’t claim to be a “Coach”

However, I know the struggles of starting a blog and starting a virtual business.

I also have many motivational and inspirational excerpts that keep me pushing forward and have helped some of my clients pursue their dreams.

When I assist a client with their blog, it doesn’t stop there. Many of them can attest to that.

Even after our project is complete, I have an open door policy.

Contact me if you need anything!

Especially as a new blogger, there are things that are going to happen that you may not understand and just need a kind voice to say “It’s alright” or “Let me show you how to take care of that”.

It can be as simple as an alert to update a plugin!

“Should I update it?”

“What happens if I update it and it ruins my blog?”

Ya Might LikeThis To --->  If At First You Don't Succeed, Try and Try Again

Sometimes you just want to know that someone out there has your back and is willing to spend the time in helping you along the way.

This is one reason why I love the Blog Management/Maintenance plan.

It can be customized to meet your needs.

The overall plan is pretty straightforward, however, I have a few clients that also like knowing I’m there to make any alterations they need along the way.

They like knowing if there is a certain function or feature they want for their blogs, they contact me to discuss the idea.

This plan can be pretty much made-to-order above and beyond the normal package itself.

I highly encourage you as a new blogger or someone who is new to WordPress to consider trying it out.*

Going forward

The Services at Virtual Bren will continue to evolve and change as we strive to meet the needs of new bloggers and entrepreneurs. A business that is afraid to adapt to the needs of their audience is sure to become stagnant and fail.

We don’t want this to happen.

There will always be a need for assistance when it comes to blogging and/or startup businesses.

My mission and those who work with me are passionate about helping and will continue to do so.

Knowing that we helped and continue to help you achieve your Vision and/or your Dream, is what we aim to do!

I didn’t quit

And you shouldn’t.

Don’t let fear stop you.

Don’t allow lack of funds deter you.

Where there is a Will, there is Always a Way! Let’s Find it Together!

* A minimum of 3-Months and is valid only with a signed contract.

14 Comments on Once Upon a Time, There was an Entrepreneur Who Thought She Could

1. Dana
    October 25, 2017 at 5:19 pm (3 months ago)

So true B.
    Success means different things to different people.

Life throws curveballs…and like you’ve done, sometimes we just have to roll with it and continue doing what makes our heart sing.

It’s obvious you love what you do because it’s inside of you. The creativity and helping others – that’s why you not only think you can, but you DO…even if that shifts and changes form sometimes.

Great post. The blog looks beautiful, as always 🙂

• Bren
      October 26, 2017 at 8:56 pm (3 months ago)

Dana!

My inspiration! You are one who has opened my eyes to things I didn’t want to see. However, once I did, I am forever thankful. You’ve inspired me in so many ways. To see where you came from and what you’ve overcome is amazing. Not everyone could have done nor continued to push to meet their goals. You rock, momma!

I always appreciate your kinds words and wisdom, Dana. Thank you for sharing with us. I hope all has been well with you and your family!

B

2. Cori Ramos
    October 25, 2017 at 5:56 pm (3 months ago)

What an inspiring post Bren!

You have come a long way baby! I am so happy to see that you have found your happy ending. Which goes to show, if you keep getting up no matter how many times you fall, eventually, you’ll find success in the end.

I get a high out of helping others too – that’s my success. I’m not worried about what’s in my bank account. 🙂

Thanks for being so encouraging gf! I hope you’re having a great week!

• Bren
      October 26, 2017 at 8:54 pm (3 months ago)

Hey Cori and Thank you!

You and me both, girl. I remember when we first started out with our blogs. You helping others immediately by showing them how to leave Corporate America and find work at home jobs. Me, blabbing about pit bulls, menopausal women, and more until I decided I was ready to start helping others. It’s amazing to see where we started and how far we’ve come!

I know you love helping others and that is one thing that attracted me to you years ago. You have a way with people and I admire that.

But regardless how far we’ve come, we still can get in a rut. We need to remember, it’s never too late to evolve our businesses, try something new, fail, and push forward.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing with us, Cori. We definitely need to catch up!

B

3. Lisa Sicard
    October 26, 2017 at 9:52 am (3 months ago)

Hi Bren, oh yes, it’s an up and down road and as long as you get back up that’s all that counts! I do think we have to invest in ourselves and continuously learn as we go. I’d love to get a coach in the future but I have 2-3 I’d love and it would be hard to decide which to go with.
    Helping others is key to success in this blogging business. If you don’t like to help others you will not succeed. (Even if you have a full bank account)….
    Thanks for the inspiring post today Bren! Enjoy the rest of your week.

• Bren
      October 26, 2017 at 8:50 pm (3 months ago)

Hey Lisa,

You’re absolutely right! Those who fall and never get back up are doomed to be a failure, unfortunately. Just like those who have a bad accident (ie. fall off a horse) and refuse to get back on one. They are really missing out!

I’m sure you’ve seen many different types of “coaches” out there, including some of our tight-knit community members like Donna. There are legit ones, like her, and there are others who I think will feed you a bunch of bs, take your money, and watch you fail. Sad, right?

Like you, I don’t believe you can be a success if you don’t like helping people but maybe I’m wrong. There are many scammers out there who seem pretty content with their overflowing bank accounts. 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to comment and share, Lisa. Always a pleasure!

B

4. Lisa Sicard
    October 28, 2017 at 10:54 am (3 months ago)

Bren, you are right – I don’t think you can be successful if you don’t like helping people. Even doctors must like helping people. Attorneys too even though many of us don’t think so 🙂
    Have a great weekend Bren!

• Bren
      December 2, 2017 at 5:31 pm (2 months ago)

Hey Lisa,

Have you noticed it with some people online? I mean, they are selling a product or service but you get the vibe it’s all about the Benjamins, not helping others. I think that’s sad and definitely not the type of people I would like to do business with. I’m sure you know the kind and feel the same.

Thanks for stopping by, Lisa!

Bren

October 28, 2017 at 1:31 pm (3 months ago)

What a beautiful share! You are the real deal my friend. Being an entrepreneur and dealing with life’s ups and downs isn’t for the faint of heart. So many put time and energy into their business and then just walk away. High expectations? Hmmm

But you have given a reality check here about success. We all measure it differently. I always say that if I could help one person change their life, I am a success at what I do. I see that passion with you Bren. You really are there to help others. Plus after doing so, you have that open door policy which is rare. Some just like to give you what you need and become unreachable. You, however are there for the simplest question that could help your client to move forward and never get stuck.

I wish you all the best in your journey. And keep posting your fur-kids on Facebook because they always brighten my day.

-Donna

• Bren
      December 2, 2017 at 5:30 pm (2 months ago)

Thank you, Donna.

I think sometimes you give me too much credit. 🙂 I treat others how I would like to be treated. I don’t think it’s that difficult but apparently, in the design/blog business, it stops after that transaction. Very sad, indeed.

You, too, are one who is passionate about helping. If people can’t see that in your vlogs or feel it from reading your blog posts, they are simply a closed minded person. You resonate assisting! That is rare too. Some try but to me, come across as a pushy salesperson. Your love of what you do is why people continue to come around, plus you also have the open door policy.

I appreciate you sharing with us. Sorry for my delay in responding!

Bren

6. Jarvee
    October 30, 2017 at 9:21 pm (3 months ago)

Your story is so inspiring! It’s always motivating to hear from successful people that they struggled at some period, as we all do, and how they pushed forward to achieve their dreams.

First step is to be clear what is your mission and to know why you do what you do. Better late than never!

Thank you for sharing!

• Bren
      December 2, 2017 at 5:27 pm (2 months ago)

Thank you, Jarvee!

I think it’s important to share our journey, both good and bad, so those who are trying themselves no it’s alright to not succeed the first, second, or third time. We keep trying until we reach our dreams, right?

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated!

Bren

7. Raymond Baxter
    November 16, 2017 at 2:04 pm (2 months ago)

I absolutely adore this message. Success is subjective, and as long as I feel it, then I am successful. I really enjoyed this message.

• Bren
      December 2, 2017 at 5:00 pm (2 months ago)

Hi Raymond,

My apologies for my delay in responding. I’m glad you enjoyed my message. I want people to know it’s alright to be human. It’s alright to doubt yourself. Most importantly we must push ourselves past the brink so we can accomplish what we truly are passionate about.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Bren