Today I have a very special guest to share with you, Cori Ramos of Not Now Mom’s Busy. Cori and I met through blogging about six years ago and I have to admit, I’ve learned a lot from her. We have built a beautiful and supportive friendship that I cherish with all my heart.
Part of being a member of the blogging world is building Communities and Relationships. These are things that can last a lifetime. I have a very tight-knit group of friends in the blogging world that have crossed over into my real-time life. These women and men have been very supportive in my many adventures and in my business so I felt I wanted to give back to them by having them promote on my site.
Without further adieu, please join me in Welcoming Cori to my site!
Ladies, Are You Ready to Put On Your Big Girl Panties and Blog Like a Boss?
Have you ever read a fellow blogger’s income report post and think, that’s great for her but what the heck am I doing wrong?
It’s not like you’re the green-eyed monster because she made $10K or more in the last month and you can’t even pull that in a year. You’re not trying to take anything away from her – you just want some of that too.
Okay, maybe a teeny tiny little piece of you is envious and it makes you want to ramp up your game.
The way I see it, it’s okay to want to feel a little competitive with your blogging comadres (that’s Spanish for girlfriends). Sometimes we need a fire lit under us to get us going.
After all, it’s the World Wide Web we’re talking about here – there’s plenty of room for all of us. And as long as it’s a healthy competition and you’re not bashing or being all like “she sucks” and wishing for gray hair to kick in, it’s all good.
Seriously, I’ve seen play it out within a particular niche on social media and all I have to say about that is wow – grown women going all high school on each other. It’s crazy and unprofessional. But like my daughter says “you do you and Ima do me boo-boo.” Sigh.
So tell me, ladies, are you ready to put on your big girl panties and blog like a boss? I know you are and that’s why I’m here to help.
I’m about to go over some important things about your blog and other steps you should be taking in order to achieve boss blogger status. Beginning with your blog set up followed by your content and finishing up with boss-like behaviors.
When you put all these elements together, that’s what makes a boss blogger. Some of these pointers might be a reminder and some may be new to you. All that matters is that it’s part of your blogging plan.
Let’s start with your blog set up.
Blog Set Up
You might be wondering what your blog set up has to do with blogging like a boss but it does.
If you’re going to talk the talk then you have to walk the walk. Meaning, if you blog about blogging you have to set the example. For instance, you can’t blog about the importance of a mobile responsive theme if your blog isn’t one.
To make sure your blog is set up properly, here’s a quick checklist to make sure:
- Are you using a mobile responsive theme?
- Is your blog designed with colors and images that are easy on the eyes?
- Do you have a nice balance of ads on the sidebar or footer of your blog? I know as bloggers we have to make money and banner ad placement is one of the ways to do it but you don’t want to turn off your visitors with too many of them.
- Do you have a “contact me” page so visitors can easily reach you?
- Do you have the latest plugins activated and configured to give your visitors the ultimate visitor experience?
- Is your blog formatted with H2, H3 titles, and eye-catching images to make it reader friendly for visitors?
- Do you have a social media sharing bar displayed before or after your blog post?
- Are your social media follow buttons set up and the links are pointing to the right page?
- Do you have a comments section set up?
- And finally, can your readers instantly tell what your niche is when they land on your blog or is it all over the place with niches other than the one your site description says it is?
Now let’s move on to your content.
The good thing about blogging is you don’t have to have a background in writing to blog and you can skip the professionalism and keep it friendly – conversational.
But that doesn’t mean you can throw some words together add some links, an image and publish it. There are some things about your content you should remember and never forget.
Your content should be of great value to your visitors. It should be relevant to your niche. And it should solve a problem or answering a question for your visitors.
- Is the tone of your content conversational? Will visitors feel like you’re telling a story to connect with them – does it have a touch of Ryan Biddulph? Or does your content sound like a sales pitch?
- Is there a call to action at the end of your blog post to spark engaging conversations with your visitors?
That’s what your content should be all about. Now let’s talk about those boss-like behaviors I mentioned.
When I think of the term boss-like behaviors, I think of the movie Scarface. Tony Montana was a mobster who was highly respected in his line of business. He was a Kingpin. But to achieve that status, he had to act a certain way and behave a certain way.
As a blogger, what I mean by boss-like behaviors is, are you:
- Sticking to your blog schedule?
- Engaging with your visitors and blogging comadres on social media?
- Are you replying to comments on your blog posts?
- Are you replying to messages from your contact form?
- Do you visit and comment on blog posts of your fellow bloggers?
- Are you sharing the work of your blogging compadres ?
- Are you sharing valuable tools and resources with your visitors?
- Do you help out visitors and fellow bloggers by answering questions posted on places like Facebook groups or Twitter?
- Speaking of Facebook groups, if you’re a member of some are you actively participating on their threads?
- Are you keeping up with your skills by continuing to learn and improve your writing?
- And finally, are you reaching out to other bloggers to guest post on their blog?
All the things I described above plays a major part in how successful you are as a blogger and whether others will describe you as a great blogger or when they see your post on social media or guest posting on other blogs will they think, “she’s definitely a boss blogger.”
When you pair these strategies up with your current blogging plan along with the right tools and work at it consistently, you can definitely achieve boss blogger status!Are You Ready to Put On Your Big Girl Panties and Blog Like a Boss? via @NotNowMomsBusyClick To Tweet
Over to You
So tell me, ladies, are you ready to blog like a boss? If you are but you still need a little help, I put an eBook together called How to Become an Expert Blogger and Blog Like a Boss in No Time that shows you how to become an expert boss blogger in easy to follow steps you can apply today and take your skills from great blogger to like-a-boss status.
Now let’s get the conversation going. What are you doing to achieve boss-like status and how has it worked for you? Tell me about it in the comments section below.
If you have a blogging compadre who is ready to blog like a boss please share this post with her. You know we have to look out for each other!
Hi there, I’m Cori. I’m a blogger, freelance writer and I do a little web design on the side. I left my job in Corporate America so I could work from home and be with my family.
Now I blog about the different ways to make money from home with anyone who is ready to leave Corporate America and create something of their very own.
I also love helping new bloggers improve their skills. I recently published an eBook titled How to Become An Expert Blogger and Blog Like a Boss In No Time to help new bloggers go from just a blogger to a boss blogger in no time.
I’d love to connect with you. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. And stop by my blog Not Now Mom’s Busy for the latest about blogging and making money from home.