We all know about the instant messaging app whatsapp, now a day’s mostly all of the people use whatsapp who have android device. Now a new feature has been released, whatsapp got approval to launch a payment service in India. Actually total no. of whatsapp user in india is 400million above. So National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) has allow for first 2 crore users to operate the whatsapp payment service.
5 key points are given below.
- You can make payment through Whatsapp who has UPI supported debit card.
- In the beta version, many users use the Whatsapp pay feature, after updating the app you also can get this feature.
- Most people don’t want to install separate apps for payment, so it will be a tough triumph for other payment apps like google pay, phonepe, Paytm, jio pay, etc.
- As from the source, Whatsapp has been trying to testing for this feature in India last two years to get the green signal from the Indian govt.
- Finally, they got a green signal from the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) and it will work from 1st January 2021.
How to Create a Whatsapp Pay Account
- You have to install Whatsapp from the Google play store and setting things up.
- After opening Whatsapp, you need to touch on the three-dot icon which is appearing in the upper right corner.
- There you can see an option of payments and touch on add payment method where you can find options from the various banks.
- After choosing the bank name, you select the SIM card which is linked to this particular bank will be verified, you need to choose the option by tapping on verify by SMS, you have to confirm the Whatsapp no and the linked no. is the same.
- After completing the verification, the payment setting will be complete and you need to create the UPI pin to transact with your security code.
How to Send Money From Chat Box
If you want to send money to your Whatsapp contacts, simply open the chat of that particular person to whom you want to send money then touch on the attachment option. You can see a payment option there then tap on it and enter the amount then type the UPI PIN, and payment will be made, also you receive the confirmation message to justify the payment process.
In the year 2009 first Whatsapp had launched and now its growth is outstanding even facebook tied up with Whatsapp. In the future, it will be the most common messaging app because of the updating of new features continuously where you can not only chat but also make payment there, so the users stay on it. In this way also gaining its popularity rapidly and of course, they are trying to bring many more new features, as if they want to all in one app. So let’s try with the new feature which has been released means the ‘Whatsapp pay”.